At The Law Office of Brian A. Picarello, we are committed to the privacy of every client. We recognize that our clients entrust important personal information to us, and we take seriously our responsibility to protect and safeguard this information.
What Type of Personal Information Do We Collect?
The personal information that we collect relating to individual clients will vary with the purpose and scope of our representation. When dealing with personal financial matters, the information we collect will include
- Information that a client has provided to us;
- Information provided by others whom our client has requested or authorized us to contact;
What Type of Information Might We Disclose, and To Whom?
As attorneys, we adhere to our professional duty to keep confidential all personal information relating to a client’s representation. We do not disclose personal information about any current or former client except as required or permitted by law or by the New York Code of Professional Responsibility.
We may disclose personal information if necessary to carry out, administer or enforce a transaction that our client has requested or authorized us to perform. In order to do so, we may make such disclosures to:
- Our employees or agents who are assisting us in serving our client;
- At our client’s direction or with consent, the client’s financial service providers.
- Any other person or entity to whom our client has authorized our making a disclosure, or to whom disclosure is required by law or applicable rules of procedure.
How Do We Protect the Security & Confidentiality of Client Information?
At The Law Office of Brian A. Picarello, we retain records relating to our professional services, accessible to our staff, to assist us in effectively representing you and, in some cases, to administer our business or to comply with professional standards. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards for your personal information that comply with professional standards. If you have further questions regarding the confidentiality of your personal information, please contact any attorney at The Law Offices of Brian A. Picarello with whom you have worked.